Saturday, July 30, 2005

One Week Left

So I have a week left before I can test accurately. To translate, that = forever. My temps are nutty, so I have no idea what's going on. I'm trying to keep myself busy with other things. What I need to be doing is getting organized for my move. I think I'll start the PurgeFest 2005 tomorrow. There's so much crap to throw out. But I've got to have huge blocks of time so I can reminisce over each little thing. Should be fun.

Frist just cut his umbilical cord, so that should make for good tv. It's about time someone said, "Okay. That's it. I won't be able to get a job after this if I don't speak up now." Good boy.

My sister is stunned that I haven't told my father that I'm trying to conceive a child. (Backstory: I'm single and my dad is very Catholic.) I explained that when you tell people like this, the first thing out of their mouth is usually, "Have you thought about...". Yes, people, I've thought about everything. I didn't wake up today and say, "Hmmm....nothing planned for today except a trip to Target. I should have a baby with my dear friend from high school." I'll skip the other silly questions for now, but everyone always feels like they need to cast a vote/offer their opinion/give me warnings. So, why tell people who you never plan to accept a vote/opinion/warning from? I've already passed the idea through the people in my life who know me the best and are the most likely to understand why I'm doing it. I've got 100% support there. It seems disrepectful to people like my dad to tell them then cut them off before they can respond in the only way they know how to. So, he can wait until my fourth month.

No comments: