Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Health Care for Us All?

So, I'm passing the time while I wait until the 3rd. I found out yesterday that I was declined for health insurance because I have Asthma and Bronchitis. I have never gone to the emergency room for either one. Heck, I never go to the doctor. I wish the insurance companies had a way to look at my medical records (with my approval, of course) so they could see that I never visit the doctor when I'm sick. I wait until I know I can't shake it on my own---maybe once every three years? Then there are people like my sister who bump their head on their pillow and head straight over for an MRI. She gets insurance. I can't. So I wheeze a little more than everyone else. Big deal. Planning a child when I have no insurance whatsoever is quite scary. But I can't let these wankers hold me up.

No comments: