Monday, June 26, 2006

It's been forever

It's been forever since I've posted a message here. It's not that there's been nothing to say. There's been plenty. I'm hitting the 6-month mark, and I have found myself surprised by the following:

* Being pregnant is actually kinda painful; nice of my sisters to "forget" about ligament pain and back pain that makes me re-think trips to the bathroom whilst laying on the couch

* Rather than bonding with everyone using my new-found hormones, I've found that I've become extremely protective of my independence. Want to be my new friend because we're both pregnant? Thanks, but I have enough friends. Want to offer me advice about baby furniture, prenatal care, etc.? Back off. I've already read about it and can reference sources. Insist on being protective of me? Don't worry. If I'm attacked by a stranger, I'll sit on 'em or suffocate 'em with my ever-growing breasts. Really, I'm quite happy to be going it alone. I'll let you know if I need anything.

* The baby kicking in the womb thing is pretty creepy. The first time it happened, my honest response was "Holy crap. It's chewing its way out. Get it out now." Now when I feel it, it's less creepy.

* Sleep deprivation kicks in very early; basically, a comfortable position would require pure magic

But I'm not complaining because I realize how lucky I am....

No comments: